Recent Calls
Wed. Jan 3rd 2018
Motor Vehicle Accident

Mountain Top Fire Company & EMS was alerted for a vehicle accident in the first due on the Tyrone Pike. Engine Rescue 13 ...

Read more »
Tue. Jan 2nd 2018
Dwelling Fire

Mountain Top Fire Company & EMS was alerted directly after returning from the Houtzdale fire for a dwelling fire in the f...

Read more »
Tue. Jan 2nd 2018
Working Dwelling Fire

Mountain Top Fire Company was alerted to assist the Houtzdale Fire Company with a working dwelling fire on W. Hannah Street i...

Read more »
News Headlines
Wed. Oct 4th 2017
UTV 13

We have taken delivery of UTV 13. Unit still needs the radios, lights and skid unit installed. This unit will serve our commu...

Read more »
Mon. Sep 25th 2017
Promotions

We would like to congratulate one of our own, Alex Hynd, Jr., for successfully completing the EMT National Registry. He is no...

Read more »
Fri. Aug 11th 2017
2017 Pet/Bike Parade

2017 Winners of the Pet/Bike ParadePet/Bike Parade Winners!Best Pet-Abby Saupp, Melody Saupp, Addison McGarry, Ryan Schneider...

Read more »
Consumer Product Safety Commission Recalls
The bowl base of the fire pits lacks a heat shield to protect consumers from burns while turning off the propane tank after use, posing a burn hazard.
 The candles’ high flame can ignite the surface of the wax, posing a fire hazard.
The handle can loosen and separate from the kettle, causing hot contents to spill, posing a burn hazard.
The straps on the chair seats can fail, posing a fall hazard.
The fork on the bicycle can break and cause the rider to lose control, posing a crash hazard.
The blankets’ and throws’ electric cord can overheat and catch on fire, posing fire and burn hazards.
The cord can become brittle near the base of the dryer, posing burn hazards.
The snaps near the collar can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
The tempered glass top can shatter unexpectedly, posing a laceration and injury hazard to the user or bystanders.
The lithium-ion battery packs can overheat, posing burn and fire hazards to consumers.
The seat plate can break and detach from the seat base, posing a fall hazard.
An incorrect routing of the fuel line can cause it to wear and leak, posing a fire hazard.
An unfastened screw can damage the battery causing ovearheating, posing a fire hazard.
The engines have a faulty fuel cap, which can allow over-pressurization in the fuel tank, posing a risk of a fuel leak and fire hazard.
The mugs can crack or break when used with or exposed to hot liquids, posing burn and laceration hazards.
The lamp socket screw does not fasten tightly which can result in arcing or overheating, posing a fire hazard.
The snaps at the crotch can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
The chain brake guard in the cordless electric chainsaw can fail and allow the chainsaw to continue operating, posing an injury hazard to users.
The cord restraints on the combination wand/cord of the sheer blinds can break, posing a strangulation hazard to children.
The mower’s blades can continue to rotate under power when the operator leaves the seat, posing a laceration risk to the user or bystander.
The brakes can fail, posing crash and injury hazards.
A broken motor mount can allow the electric heating element to come in contact with the interior plastic materials and ignite, posing fire and burn hazards.
The recalled recessed canister light kits can short circuit, posing a shock and electrocution hazard when consumers try to troubleshoot flickering lights.                                                                        
The packaging is not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act. The pain and itch relief cream contains lidocaine, posing a risk of poisoning to young children.
The clamp attaching the mobile to the crib rail can break causing the mobile to fall, posing an injury hazard to an infant in the crib.
The hardware kits used to secure the wooden wall enclosures to the wall studs do not provide sufficient bracing support, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or injuries to children.
Internal screws that secure the grounding wire can break and allow the grounding wire to become loose, posing a shock hazard.
The ears on the elephant rattles can break off, posing a choking hazard to young children.
The center post on the fidget spinner can become loose or fall out, posing a choking hazard.
The mounting screws that connect the swivel stand to the television can come loose and cause the television to tip over and fall off the stand unexpectedly, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in injuries or death to children.
The bassinets fail to meet the mandatory federal safety standard for bassinets and cradles, posing fall and entrapment hazards to babies.
The stool seat can loosen or break off at the base, posing a fall hazard to the user.
Mold can be present, posing a risk of respiratory or other infections in individuals with compromised immune systems, damaged lungs or an allergy to mold.
The power adapter wall plug can crack, break or detach and remain in the wall and expose live electrical contacts, posing a shock hazard.
Light refraction through the globes can singe or melt items in contact with or in the immediate proximity, posing a fire hazard.
The front legs on the highchair can detach from the seat, posing fall and injury hazards to children.
The lithium-ion batteries can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards
The blade spindle shaft can break during lawn mowing and the broken blade pieces can become projectiles. This poses a risk of an impact injury to bystanders or damage to property.
The zippers on the bean bag chair covers can be opened by children who can then crawl inside, become entrapped, suffocate or choke on the bean bag chair's foam beads.
The recalled propane may not contain sufficient levels of odorant to help alert consumers to a gas leak. Failure to detect leaking gas can present fire, explosion and thermal burn hazards.  
Upcoming Events
Every 3rd Monday
7:00pm
Every 2nd Monday
7:00pm
Every 4th Monday
7:00pm
Picture Gallery
Website Search
Apparatus Gallery
2018 Call Volume
 FireEMS
Jan741
Feb628
Mar  
Apr  
May  
Jun  
Jul  
Aug  
Sep  
Oct  
Nov  
Dec  
Total1369

Call Volume History

Contact Information
MOUNTAIN TOP FIRE COMPANY
PO Box 50, 392 State St.
Sandy Ridge, PA 16677
Non-Emergency: 814-342-5014
Emergency: 911
Member Login
Links
Currently Not Active